Pages

Welcome to the Dwight and Velna Blood Family Blog

The purpose of the Dwight and Velna Blood family blog is to provide a gathering place to collect family history, photos, family news, memorabilia, and whatever else we can think of.  Let's all see where we can take it.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thanks

I want to thank everyone for the Mother's Day cards, gifts and flowers. It was a nice day and I feel very blessed with my family. While I agree with Susan that every day can be mother's day when we experience a special time with our family, it is still nice to have some "special" days to look forward to. I was thinking on Mother's Day that 28 years have passed since I have been able to give my mother a hug and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. I'm sure that I missed many opportunities to express my feelings to her and make her day a "special" one.
In other news - we had a nice e-mail from Jacob and he reports that he likes his assignment in Austin and hopes that he can stay there through the remainder of his mission. Jim reports that they have had brief messages from Caleb and that he is enjoying his trip to Australia with the Young Ambassadors. Sharman will be driving to Utah tomorrow and we will see her at Megan's wedding on Friday. After Caleb returns on the 19th, they will drive back to California. Meanwhile, Jim, Kate and Nat will have to manage on their own. We had nice visits with Ron , Lani, and Michelle, and Russ, Susan and Steven over the weekend. We are looking forward to Megan's wedding and reception on Friday and hope that there will be some pictures for Ron or grandpa to post on the blog. That's all for now - now (as Chris Matthews says), tell me something I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment