- every day you get a hug from anyone
- every day you sit in Carl's Jr. laughing with your daughters while screaming or giggling children visit the table wanting booboos kissed or Chicken Stars
- hearing grandchildren outside the door calling "Grandma!" so you can open the door to let them in
- reading your daughter's musings about being a mother and remembering . . .
- having your teenage/adult son spontaneously hug you and tell you he loves you
- having your husband and help with the dishes without being asked
- laughing with your sister about everything, or going to lunch or shopping - you never know who you're mothering (or being mothered by!)
I hereby declare any day and every day Mother's Day and I want to tell my daughters, nieces, in-laws, outlaws, etc., since we're all trying our hardest, you're doing great - keep up the good work - and don't beat yourself up any more.