Pages

Welcome to the Dwight and Velna Blood Family Blog

The purpose of the Dwight and Velna Blood family blog is to provide a gathering place to collect family history, photos, family news, memorabilia, and whatever else we can think of.  Let's all see where we can take it.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lifestyles of the Poor and Obsolete?


Just to deviate from the birthday posts...

As a poor starving grad student living on student loans, life is supposed to be frugal and dull. Daily I am told that my MBA is becoming obsolete because "everybody's doing it." With the economic downturn, analysts suggest that jobs will still be scarce when I graduate in April 2010. What have I gotten myself into?

This weekend I found out that my research study with Ponseti International is sending me to an all-expense-paid conference this Wednesday in BELIZE. Thanks to Megan's mother-in-law, I will be spending the month of May doing market research in MOZAMBIQUE, again all expenses paid. Because of these international studies, I am eligible for full tuition scholarships next year. Now that I am an expert concerning the time value of money, I can confidently say that this project has a positive NPV. Poor and obsolete? Not this grad student!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, you've mastered the system. Just be sure the price elasticity of demand is equal to the marginal value product and you'll be a success. Have fun. And keep posting. Maybe it will catch on in the next ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle! We knew you could do it and I'm sure that there will be a job waiting for you when you graduate. We're glad that you put something on the blog occasionally. I will have to look up Belize. Love

    ReplyDelete