- extrusionate: meaning, to extrude.
- orientate: meaning, to orientate.
- lurt: meaning, as in a-lurt, where lurt is a rare avian species that goes around looking sleepy.
- marginal costs must equal marginal revenue: meaning, or else. All-purpose solution to all problems.
- road trip: borrowed from Animal House, meaning trip to 7-11 for soda and goodies. Usually late at night.
- keeper cup: quality soda cups costing extra which are worth keeping for their special visual effects as opposed to throwaway cheapo plastic cups.
- moron: any other driver on highway who tailgates, cuts off, looks offensive, drives unacceptable-type vehicle, or otherwise should be pulled over by highway patrol and given ticket for just being on highway.
- quality time: time spent together with spouse and family after 11:30 at night after Leno and Letterman when people think it's time to go to bed.
- Jerk: meaning moron. See above.
- WalMart: meaning, punishment for bad behavior. As in, "let's go to WalMart."
Welcome to the Dwight and Velna Blood Family Blog
The purpose of the Dwight and Velna Blood family blog is to provide a gathering place to collect family history, photos, family news, memorabilia, and whatever else we can think of. Let's all see where we can take it.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
A Family Vocabulary Lesson
Several unique words are essential for basic communication with one another in our family. Among these words are the following: