- egregious. Meaning, anything one doesn't like, anything that is rotten, unbecoming, obnoxious, or whatever. In short, anything that is egregious. One of the first words I taught my granddaughters. I'm not sure it was a good idea since I've never heard the last of it. Not an original word. Just a well-traveled one.
- PU. Short for parental unit, as substitute for mom and dad or ma and pa. Also short for patriarchal unit, meaning father.
- MU. Short for matriarchal unit, or mother.
- GPU. Short for grand patriarchal unit, or grandpa.
- GPU. Short for grand matriarchal unit, or grandma.
- Cogniziant. Meaning, I am not, or was not, cogniziant of this factoid.
I know there are other significant vocabulary additions out there, so I need your continued help and support in completing this vocabulary lesson so we can pass it all down to succeeding generations to improve their literacy and sophistication.