Pages

Welcome to the Dwight and Velna Blood Family Blog

The purpose of the Dwight and Velna Blood family blog is to provide a gathering place to collect family history, photos, family news, memorabilia, and whatever else we can think of.  Let's all see where we can take it.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Addendum to Family Vocabulary Lesson Number 1

Thanks to my astute granddaughters we can update the family vocabulary lesson with four significant additions:
  • egregious.  Meaning, anything one doesn't like, anything that is rotten, unbecoming, obnoxious, or whatever.  In short, anything that is egregious.  One of the first words I taught my granddaughters.  I'm not sure it was a good idea since I've never heard the last of it.  Not an original word.  Just a well-traveled one.
  • PU.  Short for parental unit, as substitute for mom and dad or ma and pa.  Also short for patriarchal unit, meaning father.  
  • MU.  Short for matriarchal unit, or mother.
  • GPU.  Short for grand patriarchal unit, or grandpa.
  • GPU.  Short for grand matriarchal unit, or grandma.
  • Cogniziant.  Meaning, I am not, or was not, cogniziant of this factoid.
I know there are other significant vocabulary additions out there, so I need your continued help and support in completing this vocabulary lesson so we can pass it all down to succeeding generations to improve their literacy and sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment